Thursday, August 22, 2013

Yes, Lord

Dear Lord,

You know how I am struggling, right now, to balance my mornings and make sure my study time/prayer time is not cut short or spent doing things that don't bring us closer together.  It is so easy to get caught up in doing my Bible study leader responsibilities that I lose sight of who/what I am studying about! 

You lord--all for You and all about You. 

To know You. 
To hear You. 
To obey You. 

This is what it means to have You as Lord of my life.

Lately, I have felt You call me to pray. Not just praying during my regular devotional time--other times and other places--to ask others if I can pray with them and for them.  To be bold and let others know that I believe in Your ability to change our lives and also change our circumstances. To share that I believe faith in You changes things, and that the best thing is that faith changes people. . . .changes ME!

I want to answer this call because I know You are preparing me for even bigger ways to serve You and honor You.  Because, if I can't answer Your call to serve in this small way, and experience what You can do through me, then I will never be ready to say YES to anything else You ask me to do. 

All You have asked me to do is pray and to live Your love to those around me through these prayers.

To know You. 
To hear You.
To obey You. 

And so, I obeyed.  I prayed with my co-worker who is grieving over deaths and illness in her family.  I prayed with my son over lost scholarship funds.  I prayed with my friend visiting her new baby in the special care nursery.  Each time I asked them if I could pray with them, my fear of rejection became a bit smaller.  Each time they smiled and bowed their head with me.  Each time they thanked me for that prayer. 

Each time I received the biggest blessing--the blessing that comes from obeying and being filled with a sense of purpose that comes from Someone much greater than me.  The blessing of saying #YesToGod. 

4 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post and by the end I found myself smiling and nodding my head. He is so faithful and even just the tiniest #YesToGod moments are never wasted. Thanks so much for sharing :)

    Trish (OBS small group leader)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read so many blogs today that talk about the smallest of things! It's been so reassuring knowing that big things happen with the smallest of ways in which we say yes to God! I'm part of the bible study too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi,
    I can relate to the beginning of your blog. I have felt overwhelmed at times with the participation in the ministry portion of this OBS. But just as I think I can't do this all - work 10-12 hours, take care of my family, my own bible study, ministering to others etc. I hear a small voice telling me I may not be able to do it alone but can, indeed, do it with the help of God! It has been such a blessing to me to help others. So glad I said #YesToGod

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi!
    I love what you've written here. Especially - "It is so easy to get caught up in doing my Bible study leader responsibilities that I lose sight of who/what I am studying about!" I felt the Lord speak to me about the same thing {except I don't have the study leader responsibilities} in the beginning of this OBS. In fact, I wrote in my journal that I'm keeping during this Bible study - "I need to be careful that the doing of this OBS (study questions, journal, blog hop and FB party) doesn't become my focus."
    Oh and I think it's wonderful that you/re stepping out in faith to share your faith in Jesus and the power of prayer. Thanks for sharing what God is doing and how He is using you. :)

    ReplyDelete